Refuge From Abuse
Author(s): Nancy Nason-Clark
Abuse is ugly. It is always wrong. It is never part of God s design for healthy family living. It distorts relationships and shatters dreams. It creates pain and despair. It never produces hope. You know this all too well--that's why you've picked up this book. Nancy Nason-Clark and Catherine Clark Kroeger know the pain of women who have been abused, especially the unique pain of Christian women who thought it couldn't happen to them. In this straightforward, practical book they supply the answer to the questions you face:
- How do I know I need help?
- How much of my story should I tell?
- Where do I find spiritual support as a victim of abuse?
- What help can I find in the community?
- How do I get started on the healing journey?
- What key steps will I need to take to get on with my life?
- How can I understand what help my abuser needs?
- How do I learn to trust God again?
Their advice is solid, backed up by Nason-Clark's professional expertise as a sociologist and Kroeger's as a biblical scholar. Together they supply both here-and-now, step-by-step advice you need to start the healing journey and biblical insights to nourish your soul and sustain you on the path to wholeness.